Kayaks vs. Paddle BoardsLet’s face it kayakers – there is a new and more badass way to explore our planet’s waters. It’s called stand up paddle boarding (SUP). Since the inception of stand up paddle boarding (SUP), many people are having a tough time deciding whether a paddle board or a kayak is the right watercraft for their needs. Some of you may be looking to purchase your first kayak or paddle board, and for others, your kayak is collecting dust so you're looking for a new vessel that better suits your lifestyle. Below are 4 reasons why you should ditch your kayak for a paddle board.
1) You will get a better work outNow, we’re not saying that kayaking isn’t a good workout, but it only works your shoulder and arm muscles. Paddle boarding works every single muscle in your body, especially your core. In fact, paddle boards offer more freedom of movement which allows you to practice yoga, Pilates or any other fitness related exercise that doesn’t require a lot of space. Read more about SUP fitness here.
2) Fishing from a SUP is more efficient and comfortableThere are many factors to consider when comparing SUP fishing to kayak fishing. However, SUP fishing does offer many advantages over kayak fishing. Advantages of SUP fishing
- Standing up while fishing gives you enough room to properly cast your rod and have a fantastic vantage point to see fish swimming around you.
- Paddle boards are a bit more agile than kayaks – there is more freedom of movement on the deck pad and, they offer better maneuverability.
- Fishing paddle boards are quieter along the surface of the water so you can sneak up on your prey.
3) Paddle boarding looks way more badassAlthough kayaks are super fun to paddle around in, paddle boards just look much sexier on the water. Paddling an oversized surfboard around your local spot is so in right now. Everyone takes notice when they look out and see someone standing in the middle of a body of water, cruising around in boardshorts or a bikini.
4) Kids, dogs and significant others can join you on your paddle
Unlike a kayak – your kids, lover or dog can join you for a leisure paddle around your favorite waters. Kayak cockpits are typically more confined and lack enough room for an additional passenger.
5) ISLE Offers Paddle Board Kayak Hybrids
Are you torn between the tranquility of paddling on a serene lake and the thrill of conquering rapids? Look no further than the new world of paddle board kayak hybrids! Blending the best of both watercraft, these versatile companions offer an experience that will leave you craving more. Imagine gliding effortlessly across calm waters atop a sturdy and stable paddle board, in awe of the peacefulness of your surroundings. On the other hand, picture yourself conquering swift currents and navigating tricky obstacles with the agility and maneuverability of a kayak. With a paddle board kayak hybrid, you don't have to choose between these two worlds. You can have it all! Our boards come with a Patent-Pending ISLE-LINK system that allows you to convert your board from a paddle board to a kayak in minutes, allowing you to choose how you want to ride.
Our best-selling Switch features everything you need to kayak or paddle board while our Pro Series boards the Pioneer Pro and Explorer Pro are the most rigid inflatables that easily converts from a SUP to sit-on-top-kayak with our ISLE-LINK system.