Stand up paddle board bagsYou love your stand up paddle board. You love it because it’s your fitness partner, surfing buddy, fishing companion, and may be one of the only ways you can truly relax. Essentially, your paddle board is a part of your family; therefore, you should want to protect it. There are many best practices to protecting your paddle board, but one of the easiest ways to protect your SUP is by getting a paddle board bag. There are a myriad of purposes for paddle board bags and they all have great intent in keeping your epoxy or inflatable paddle board in pristine shape.
3 reasons you need a stand up paddle board bag
1. The best way to transport your paddle boardUnless you live on a lake or beach, you typically must drive to your paddle board destination which requires time on the road. Some people strap their epoxy paddle board to their vehicle's roof while others transport it in the back of their truck or SUV. When traveling with your vehicle, your paddle board should always be in a paddle board bag just in case rocks, stones, or debris hit your board and chip your paint. In addition, the added padding of a SUP bag will help avoid potential damage from strapping your SUP to the roof rack of your car. For those taking their paddle boards on vacation with them, we have a lot of great information about flying with your paddle board. In this specific case, you 100% need a paddleboard bag for your epoxy or inflatable paddle board. Epoxy paddle boards are more vulnerable to damage, therefore, when flying with one it’s crucial that you pack your SUP bag diligently to protect it from potential damage if handled roughlyby airline employees. Also, keep in mind that each airline has different paddle board fees. Airline board fees range from $50 to $150, so choose wisely.
2. The best way to store your paddle boardPaddle board storage is inevitable. Whether you’re storing your SUP for the winter or just a few days during the warmer months, a paddle board bag will ensure that your paddle board stays safe while in storage. Here are a few reasons why a paddle board bag is great for storing your SUP:
- All paddle board bags have extra padding which gives you peace of mind that if something were to fall on it in storage, no damage would occur
- Bags keep your board super clean and help prevent dust build up
- Bags prevent scratches on your paddle board’s rails